Software Development Instructor
Are you eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of software developers? Are you the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out? If you consider empathy to be a key part of your leadership style, then we want to talk to you.
Launch Academy is seeking an experienced software developer to join a small team of like minded engineers on a short term, contractual basis to guide our immersive software development program in Boston, MA. At Launch Academy, we hire for aptitude and will qualify the right candidate based on a portfolio of their work.
We are always tinkering and finding new ways to improve our education. Our agile approach and the changing technical needs of our hiring partners ensure our curriculum and the technologies we teach will remain interesting and exciting.
- We’ve recently partnered with a nonprofit to deliver a Java-based curriculum to a diverse and pre-screened group of students. Now, we're in search of the right person to make a lasting impact on this group of hungry new engineers.
- Autonomously manage a classroom of 15 students along with the technical curriculum
- Mentor students in small groups and one-on-one settings
- Introduce new material to the class via presentations and demonstrations
- Write new exercises and learning challenges to reinforce concepts
- Provide guidance to students in the development of a capstone project
- Inspire students to persist through the struggle of learning a new skill set
- Facilitate a progressive, collaborative, and constructive classroom community
- Teach Monday-Friday, for the 18 week duration of the program starting in April or May 2019 with potential for sooner on-boarding
What We're Looking For
- Patience and empathy are qualities equally as important as technical prowess.
- Enough industry experience to know that you are excited to tackle the challenge of mentoring aspiring web developers and an understanding of the soft skills involved in that work.
- Teaching experience is a plus but a willingness to learn how to become a better educator is a requirement.
Why Launch Academy?
Launch Academy aims to provide an education that delivers a new and promising career in web development. Being an Experience Engineer at Launch Academy allows you to share your craft with aspiring developers alongside a team of capable and ambitious peers. We're applying Agile methodologies to iteratively design a premium learning experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Launch Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Launch Academy adheres to applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Launch Academy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Launch Academy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Considered applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
No third party recruiter solicitations, please