Software Development Manager
Chewy is hiring a Software Development Manager to lead our Promotions, Pricing & Merchandising Platform Software Engineering Team here in Boston, MA. You will manage multiple agile software development projects of varying size and complexity from inception to completion. This entails innovating processes, reporting, and aligning development strategies to support Chewy’s explosive growth. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to lead a team of strong engineers supporting our Merchandising platform experience.
What you'll do:
- Manage/Lead a team of software engineers in the development, testing and deployment of our platform, facilitate agile process and remove impediments.
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue to build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owner to manage a backlog to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software Engineering Organization.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Collaborate on design and implementation of scalable environments for development and testing
- Ability to review architecture, design and implementations, provide feedback for individual contributors
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall corporate objectives
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Fluency in 1 or more programming languages and database technologies
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Position may require travel
- Experience in e-commerce software systems
- Experience in AWS Ecosystem
- Experience in Java