Software Engineer, Back End
You love solving problems. More than that, though, you want to take part in solving the defining challenge of our time: powering the world sustainably. You’re talented, you’re creative, and you’re focused — but you want to work on a problem that actually matters. And you want to work at a place full of friendly, respectful, and mission-oriented people.
We’re the engineering team at EnergySage that has built the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing. Through unbiased information, transparency, and choice, we strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are growing and entering new markets, and are looking to add team members that will bring new perspectives and help us accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
We believe in “individuals and interaction over processes and tools”. We use automation to run tests on every check in, but we don’t adhere to strict Test Driven Development. We value quality and best practices, but are also pragmatic enough to realize that we sometimes have to ship before it’s perfect. We have a high bar, but also value our teammates as people and the expectations are always reasonable. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
You have some experience, maybe even a lot. Either way though, you have a lot of talent and are excited to grow and learn. Join us as we strive to be our best — because continuing the modern way of life requires easily accessible renewable energy.
We’re the EnergySage Engineering team; find our stackshare here. Who are you?
What We Look For:
- Able to design and implement features in a commercial web application with minimal guidance. Comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and helping to define the right solution.
- Able to work productively and quickly with Python, Django, and MySQL in a Unix environment within a couple of months of being hired.
- Able to debug and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Able to reason about and make smart tradeoffs between data structures, algorithms and efficiency, and object oriented design. (A CS degree is helpful).
- Dependable team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to contribute to front end work using Bootstrap, HTML/CSS, and Vue.js.
- Able to manage infrastructure in AWS using DevOps tools and practices.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? We hope so! Please send us your resume and include any relevant websites (portfolio/GitHub/Stack Overflow URLs).
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.