Software Engineer - BCG Omnia
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking a motivated and innovative candidate with a “start-up” mentality to join a fast-moving team of engineers that augments traditional consulting engagements with software. As part of the BCG Omnia team, you will be supporting TUNED by BCG: a communication and engagement tool to drive change management. In this role, you will deliver best-in-class software to clients while expanding BCG’s capabilities by exploring new technologies. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of full-stack development experience with strong knowledge of .NET. Additional knowledge of Python, Angular, Ionic, and mobile app development is a plus.
Tuned by BCG is part of BCG’s battle-tested approach to change management and is uniquely able to foster open-source engagement and cut through the noise of traditional communications. It’s a democratizing platform whereby communication content, dialogue, insights, and even decisions related to a change effort can be sourced from anywhere in the organization—constantly, and in real time.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Developing scalable, secure, high performance solutions
- Working in a small team Agile SDLC environment
- Applying engineering best practices and principles.
- Helping create engineering documentation when needed
- Creating and maintaining unit tests
- Developing and integrating with RESTful web services
- Supporting production systems as needed
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years full-stack development experience
- 1-2 years’ experience working as a software engineer at a product company
- Proficiency in .NET, Django, MongoDB (additional experience in Python, Angular, Ionic a plus)
- Strong knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
- Experience in mobile development: Android, IOS
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and strong team player
YOU'LL WORK WITH
- Product Management, technical architects, and other software engineers
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BCG has a number of flagship software products that support businesses worldwide by leveraging our core capabilities in areas such as design and development. These products provide critical insight that empowers our customers and teams to make key strategic decisions. BCG Omnia has been an invaluable partner of the practice areas in this endeavor and has lead by example through evangelizing exceptional user experience design process, research, and methodologies. Together, we have designed, developed and deployed a number of custom software products with proven success in the field. It is critical that the user experience and design of our flagship products are intuitive and engaging, and sit alongside each other in a world class ecosystem of products and tools.