Software Engineer III
We are looking for a highly creative software engineer to develop real-time video and network infrastructure applications in a Linux client/server environment. This position will contribute directly to the evolving design of our video application and transport technology. Our software engineers create features that directly and immediately impact our users. The tools we implement are responsible for contributing live video content to high profile national television and cable networks every day.
- Help us drive the future of our Java based real-time camera control platform
- Work on the development of our proprietary UDP based low-latency broadcast contribution video transport network.
- Provide project planning oversight including risk assessments and time estimates through prototyping and R&D
- Implement scalable and stable software to run on Linux servers
- Creatively and thoughtfully design software for unique VideoLink use cases to align with strategic business goals
- Solve complex problems through methodical analysis
- Work with product owner to define system requirements
- Participate in code reviews with other Software Development Engineers
- Work closely with Lead Software Test Engineer to ensure software quality
- Coach other developers to improve team capabilities
- Participate in daily scrum team meetings
Education and skills requirement:
- BS in EE/CS
- Experience with C or C++ and Java
- Experience with web application architecture
- Knowledge of Linux, networking technologies & protocols
- 5-10 years of experience in software development
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Desire to tackle complex problems related to high-bitrate and time-sensitive traffic flows
- Team-oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
What’s in it for you?
- Participate in the continued growth of a solid company that is a leader in its space.
- Grow your skills rapidly by working with a broad range of technologies
- Work towards leading the work of others
- Follow a path towards software and platform architecture design
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Paid time off
VideoLink is the leader in our space, providing tools related to low-latency video transmission and remote camera system control. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide elegant, technical solutions to the communications challenges of national broadcasters and Fortune 1000 companies. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
We offer competitive pay and a balanced culture where your contributions will matter and will be visible.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply with both a resume and a cover letter. Thank you.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.