Software Engineer, Poloniex Trade Engine
Greater Boston Area
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As part of platform engineering, you’ll join a team of engineers that are dedicated to making Poloniex the top crytpocurrency exchange in the world. You'll specifically join our Poloniex team that is focused on improving and enhancing our trade engine.
What you'll work on:
- Solve hard, open ended, problems in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Build RESTful microservices on AWS cloud platforms using modern software delivery techniques including ECS and Docker
- Design and code new features for the Poloniex Cryptoasset Exchange focused on our Trade Engine
- Troubleshoot and fix code defects
- Be a member of a small agile software engineering team
- Learn a lot, be challenged, and have fun
- Be flexible and work on many facets of the system from database design, to asynchronous event based middleware, to front end modern html applications
- Design relational databases and have at least intermediate capability with SQL
- Build simple and elegant software solutions
- Work well as a team member on a close-knit team
- Be creative, curious, and learn fast
- Own software throughout the entire development life-cycle
- Contribute ideas to improve our product and processes, make decisions that have significant impact, and provide feedback so we can continue to get better
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years of experience working with Java specifically
- Past experience working within Fintech, trading or a similar vertical
- Knowledge or interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Experience working closely with internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- An interest in building large-scale, distributed systems
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description