Software Engineer ( UX/UI )
Chewy is looking for a Software Engineer ( UX/UI ) to join our Data Science and Engineering Team based in Boston MA. The ideal candidate...
What you'll do:
· The ideal candidate should have an eye for web design and the capability to put that design into prototype.
· He/she should have a thorough understanding User Experience and the impact of design to the experience.
· This is a technical position and the duties will include new development and ongoing support of existing applications working with other functional team members such as Business Analysts, UX Designers, other developers.
· Interact with development team on all UI/UX aspects.
· This resource develops and implements designs/prototypes using html/css/js.
· Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
· Must be able to quickly establish credibility while working in new subject areas and with various areas of the business.
· Drive toward on-time, quality deliverables in a highly complex and dynamic business environment, while actively managing stakeholder expectations.
· Represent business interests and ensure that all technical designs/documentation meet or exceed business needs.
· Advanced understanding of responsive design patterns and principles.
What you'll need:
· Experience building large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture.
· Experience with web development frameworks.
· Experience using, integrating, and optimizing front end build tools.
· Ability to write high-performance, reusable code.
· Experience with code repository tools and concepts such as Git.
· Strong listening, organization, and communication skills.
· A user-centered approach to designing digital experiences for people.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
Position may require travel
· Experience in front-end testing tools a big plus
· Experience with Sketch and Invision or equivalent software (XD, Studio, etc.)
· Production experience with Angular, React, VueJS or other modern UI frameworks
· Experience building web apps with reusable component architectur