Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is hiring a Software Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team. The Software Engineer will have the opportunity to collaborate across teams while creating and maintaining PFF’s robotics embedded application. This is a challenging opportunity for an experienced software engineer interested in robotics and excited about contributing to the future of how people and goods will move!
- Develop the embedded application for current and next generation of PFF products for high throughput embedded processing.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define, design, test and maintain PFF's embedded application.
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, related or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience developing multi-threaded software application for embedded devices with Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and its scope in embedded systems development.
- Experience with scripting language(s) such as Python.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability through troubleshooting and debugging complex embedded software applications on Linux.
- Knowledge with industry standards frameworks such as ZeroMQ, ROS or RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of performance-critical, real time, highly available and distributed systems.
- Strong ability to work within team structure, planning and deliverables.