About the role:
Vecna Robotics seeks a software engineer to join the product development team, focusing on a unique area of enterprise software: robotic systems. The selected candidate will develop full stack solutions that address challenges that lie at the intersection of enterprise web applications and robotic systems, of human interactions and automation, and of cutting-edge web technologies and robotic frameworks. These solutions will reliably perform increasingly complex tasks in dynamic environments that reach far beyond typical web applications. Day to day, you will help design, integrate, test, deploy, and support the implementations of web applications, databases, communications, business logic and UI's that support good HMI design and UX. The products you work on will have the express goal of improving a user's ability to monitor, support, and control robots in the field and a robot's ability to manage itself with a focus on robustness as well as performance. You will join a diverse, high performing team that is dedicated to making a real-world impact, using advanced, creative technologies. This is a full-time, salaried position.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop major features and capabilities.
- Follow emerging technologies as well as keeping up to date on new versions of frameworks in our tech stack.
- Identify areas for improvement and propose solutions in areas beyond feature requirements, such as performance, configurability, monitoring, reporting, upgrade path, and security.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Reduce the need for human involvement to install, configure, and support robots in the field.
- Develop server-side business logic and front-end user-friendly UI's that interface with lower-level robotic software.
- Provide valuable code review feedback to team members.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience (class projects not included) with a BS, or some experience with an MS in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant engineering degree.
- Expertise in at least one of: C++, Python, or Java.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience building web applications for robotic or IOT platforms preferred.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: planning and optimization; human-machine interaction, machine learning, and/or multi-agent communication.
- Experience using Tomcat, Maven, Jenkins, Spring, Hibernate, and PostgreSQL preferred.
- Experience with SCSS preferred.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values initiative, self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.