Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Who we are
Evolv is a venture backed startup developing technology to detect and prevent active shooters and terrorists from attacking the places where we expect to be safe. Together with our investors – Bill Gates, General Catalyst Partners, Data Collective, and Lux Capital – we are re-defining the physical security industry. We’re currently focused on detecting concealed threats such as firearms and explosives and are in the process of developing the next generation of our technology. Evolv’s technology is being used to seamlessly screen millions of people around the globe in stadiums, entertainment venues, performing arts centers, train stations, airports, office buildings and hotels.
What we seek
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to test our systems, make them more robust, and make a difference in the world. Our products include hardware scanners and web-based video analytics systems. As an SQA Engineer you will:
- Perform manual testing (some Gray Box) while identifying and communicating defects and risks
- Create and execute functional, system, and regression test cases and scenarios based on requirements
- Conduct reviews with our development team, product management and business users
- Plan, coordinate, prioritize and estimate testing activities, as well as report defects and raise issues or concerns to the project team
- Define, maintain, and organize input and output data to support test cases and scenarios, and you will
- Execute troubleshooting and isolate root causes for issues found
- Propose improvements to processes and tools in order to improve overall quality and efficiency
What you bring
You have at least 3-5 years of experience in software and/or system testing. You have a strong working knowledge of testing concepts, best practices, and methodologies. Methodical, detail oriented, and well organized, you are results driven with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, and you excel at time management. You are eager to learn and seek to continually grow in technology in order to improve quality and engineering processes. You have your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a similar field. To be considered, candidates should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong familiarity with standard testing and defect management tools
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- SQL skills and experience, along with a solid understanding of basic database design fundamentals
- Experience in creating and maintaining QA tools and test simulators to assist testing
- Familiarity with agile development
- Ability to participate in and/or execute performance testing services
- Ability to create custom test tools needed for testing is a plus
- Understanding of DevOps, release management, AWS, web and backend technologies, and endpoint testing is a plus
- Experience in creating/executing test plans, test procedures, and test reports
- Knowledge of a programming languages such as Java, C++, Linux, and XML is a plus
Why Work at Evolv?
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of developers, engineers, and product managers who share our vision for a safer world. Equity is an important component of every compensation package. Unlike many startups, we offer a flexible work environment, a unique culture, and competitive benefits: medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, and an unlimited vacation policy.
This is an opportunity for you to build a world class product and make a real difference in the world. Come join us today!