Software Team Lead - edX for Business
EdX is looking for a software Team Lead to join our Business Engineering team to help us change the face of education in the enterprise. You will lead an engineering team to design and build new technology for edX’s open source learning platform on behalf of edX customers and learners. Your work will be used in production by premier educational institutions and learners from all over the world.
You’ll use modern tooling like Python, Django, React, and GitHub to build software that is scalable, reliable, and easy to use. Your projects will be diverse and meaningful, such as improving the user experience for learners accessing edX from corporate environments or building a reporting tool that delights its users.
During the first few months you will:
- Provide hands-on leadership to a team of 2-4 software engineers to efficiently design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software products. This is a management role in which you’ll also write code.
- Learn edX’s technology stack, participate in our Scrum process, and take advantage of our continuous integration process to ship code as soon as it’s done
- Lead the team in finding and implementing material process improvements
- Establish strong working relationships with our cross-functional team, which includes engineers, architects, product management and user experience experts
- Use your excellent communication skills to collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrate a “you build it, you run it” mindset of ownership
- Hold regular 1:1s with your direct reports in which you’ll provide coaching, mentoring, and empathy. You’ll help them define and follow through on their career growth and professional development needs.
- Have regular, meaningful conversations with your own manager about your growth and career development
- Have some fun!
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field; or comparable work experience
- 5-7+ years experience leading software development teams.
- Deep understanding of Agile mindset and development processes such as Scrum
- Experience building distributed SaaS platforms that cater to enterprise or institutional users
- Familiarity with Open Source web development frameworks; contribution to Open Source frameworks
- Experience with external customer management
- Experience managing offshore development teams
edX is an MIT Start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.