Software Team Lead - Master's team
Team Lead, Master’s Team
The Master’s Engineering Team at edX is seeking a software engineering leader to join a team that is responsible for building new platform capabilities that will enable us to disrupt education by offering high quality, affordable online Master’s degrees.
The ideal candidate has built online products serving millions of customers, is skilled at leading and developing engineers and enjoys hands-on coding and technical challenges. This role will require significant hands-on contributions.
A demonstrated bias to action and ability to manage ambiguity will set you apart.
- Be the hands-on technical leader to a team of 4-5 software engineers
- Mentor direct reports in all aspects of software development.
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and Business Intelligence to understand customer needs, and to identify, define and scope solutions.
- Lead engineering team in delivering customer value in small increments and rapid iterations.
- Build high performing agile teams, instill agile practices, identify areas for improvement.
- Practice a “you build it, you run it” philosophy to software development and delivery.
- 5-7+ years software development experience and ideally 2+ years in a team lead role
- Demonstrated experience with agile methods
- Experience with Python or other similar languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional working experience experience
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.