Sr. Perception Engineer
We are seeking experts and explorers in the areas of perception and sensor fusion, machine learning, human-collaborative engineering, big data, deep learning, novel algorithm development for breakthrough autonomy research!
The Perception & Sensing group is developing methods for aircraft to realize their surroundings!
Aurora Flight Science is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can aid in Aurora’s efforts to perform novel perception technologies on unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
Purpose of this role:
Qualified candidates will be expected to have experience in optical systems hardware and computer vision software to architect vehicle autonomy solution using vision-based localization and mapping algorithms. The qualifying engineer will have the capability of integrating hardware, firmware, and software such as cameras, lasers, LEDs, IMUs on an embedded hardware platform such as NVidia Xavier / Tegra / Jetson or Intel NUC. Experience with C/C++ in Linux and parallel programming on GPGPU using OpenCL or CUDA is required. The candidate should have experience in utilizing commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and software packages such as OpenCV. The engineer is expected to properly document and present results to enable further growth of future commercial and government ventures.
Perform independent and team research and development involving architecting, coding, simulation, and integration of control system components for enabling flight vehicle autonomy, control, and estimation. Work side-by-side with world class researchers to create cool and innovative autonomy-related products and tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Aero/Astro, Electrical Engineering or other applicable field with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience integrating working systems on embedded hardware such as NVidia Xavier/Tegra/Jetson or Intel NUC
- Experience with hardware such as cameras, lidar, lasers, and MEMS mirrors
- Experience in software architecture and Docker
- Experience in computer vision, point cloud processing or radar signal processing.
- Experience with OpenCV, MATLAB, Ubuntu/CentOS, and git
- Experience with parallel programming on GPGPU using OpenCL or CUDA
- Demonstrated leadership qualities sufficient to enable such roles on programs
- Must be a US Person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Experience with PCL, Caffe, CNNs, and TensorFlow
- Experience with DO-178C and IBM Doors
- Experience with leading group of engineers for perception effort under various programs
Ability to support travel
Occasionally required to work non-business hours to support experiments and travel to customer sites
Aurora Company Overview:
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.