Sr. Platform Engineer, AppSec
Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
Threat Stack has recently added Application Security to the platform, empowering developers to build secure, cloud-native applications that can detect and prevent threats at runtime, including applications running on Kubernetes.
Our platform is built in Scala, Kotlin and Node.js, and leverages Kafka, Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and other high-scale platforms running in Amazon Web Services. We expect you to be psyched about learning new languages and platforms quickly and passionate about finding the right solution for the job. We’re looking for someone with experience successfully designing and completing complex projects utilizing a variety of technology, is able to inspire and help junior staff develop, and has assisted with planning and prioritization.
Come join us in building the future of cloud security.
What We Offer
You’ll be directly influencing and building software that’s processing billions of events per day. We’ve built a lot, but our scale challenges keep coming and we’re continuously improving how we can better handle our growing scale.
A cohesive Engineering team where software, quality assurance, and infrastructure engineers work side-by-side as we release new code, resolve bottlenecks, and improve our reliability and scalability.
A team that is committed to continuous learning, improvement, and support
What You’ll Do
- Assist in planning and prioritization of upcoming projects
- Apply technical experience to solve complex problems
- Proactively recommend and implement solutions to improve Engineering process and standards
- Work with teams across a variety of departments from development, operations, and product
- Explore new ways for us to efficiently ingest, process, store, and leverage the vast amount of data we capture
- Build scalable, cloud-based services capturing and aggregate streaming and stored data
- Utilize our build pipelines for shipping code quickly
How We Do It
- Write code in Scala, Node.js, and Kotlin
- Work closely with operations to deploy new services using tools like Chef, and monitor our existing infrastructure
- Utilize distributed stream and batch processing for complex, high throughput tasks
- Akka, Apache Spark, Apache Flink
- Messaging system queues/brokers
- Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, RabbitMQ
- Store massive amounts of data in relational and NoSQL databases
- Druid, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra, Postgres, MongoDB
- Leverage AWS to efficiently solve problems and provide insights
- Elasticache, RDS, SNS, SQS, CloudTrail, Elastic Map Reduce
What We’re Looking For
- Consistently approachable and transparent with a positive attitude even under stress
- Fosters open, considerate, and honest communication
- History of successfully executing complex software projects
- Experience building and scaling high-volume, highly-available SaaS solutions
- Experience developing and scaling data stores for large distributed systems
- Deep understanding and command of an area of expertise
- Experience assisting and helping mentor junior team members
- Commitment to deploying well tested, reviewed code, with a high amount of confidence
- Commitment to creating excellent documentation and leaving projects better than found
- Able to balance the desire to innovate against business constraints
- Look for ways to help improve teamwork to accomplish the team’s objectives
- Maniacal focus on quality