Sr. Pre-Sales Engineer | New England
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership and we're looking to grow our Americas Sales and Solution Architect team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun and are looking for team members that share similar motivations.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will engage with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across various industry segments. You will be responsible for partnering with our Strategic Account Executives to show the value of the Mendix platform to our prospects and customer base within your region.
- Providing product presentations and demonstrations (both online and onsite)
- Running technical deep dive and architecture sessions with customers and partners
- Facilitating workshops with customers to understand their application portfolio and find the best places for them to apply the Mendix Platform
- Executing Proof of Concepts with customers
- Advising prospects and customers on the use of the Mendix Platform in their environment
- Supporting Global Marketing team in analyst briefings (Forrester, Gartner, IDC, etc)
- Between 5-15 years of work experience with a minimum of 4 years of relevant pre-sales engineering experience
- Well versed in complex application architecture, comparing and contrasting technologies against middleware, BPM, SOA, 4GL, etc
- Good understanding of the aPaaS/PasS and cloud market space
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and an ability to help customers find the right solution (not the obvious/easy one)
- Experience / training in solution selling and or Sandler
- Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Must be able to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience in conducting workshops, training and consulting engagements
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Java, XML, SOAP, SQL
- (Technical) Bachelor/Msc degree. (MIS, CS, etc.)
- Comfortable presenting in front of C-level executives
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description