Sr QA Automation Engineer-Platform
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Sr. QA Automation Engineer who plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will have experience with automated testing practices and processes and be motivated to continuous improvement of our current QA environment.
As Sr. QA Automation Engineer you will learn the Interactions product platform in order to design, implement and maintain a functional UI and performance testing infrastructure. You will maintain and optimize the framework to handle larger scale under load and stressful conditions. You also will be responsible for designing, developing, and conducting tests and automation test procedures prior to product launches to ensure software quality, while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background, love developing QA processes and procedures, and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
· Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, logical and verifiable.
· Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
· Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
· Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and methodologies.
· Design, develop and document test automation and application frameworks
· Design, develop and document sophisticated test automation class libraries
· Help identify and implement testability features (such as detection mechanisms) in the application components under test
· Help to define, establish, and improve QA metrics across various platform components
· Provide mentorship and training to other QA engineers in coding guidelines/test
· Coach other Quality Engineers in best software engineering practices in test automation and design
- Enrolled in or have completed a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years as a QA Test Automation Engineer
- 5+ years coding experience in Perl, Python, Java or C/C++
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Experience with Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, MRCP, DNS
- A Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
- SDLC/Process Improvement
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit, and TestNG
- Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
- QA planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL