Sr Software Development Engineer
Your team is Audible Risk Management Systems. This team's mission is to maintain customers' well deserved trust and protect Audible's business from bad intent. Projects include:
- Real-time and forensic data analytics (Machine Learning, Data Viz, etc.) to identify suspicious activity.
- Mitigating and resolving macro Fraud/Abuse issues.
- Partnering with teams across Audible and Amazon to design systems that limit Fraud/Abuse.
We're looking for people who can think big and help guide the team to best protect our customers. If this is you, please apply!
- Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams.
- Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality in a fast agile environment.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide summary to the team and other stake holders.
- Experience working with Java, C++, C# or some other object-oriented language writing services that scale using HTTP, REST, JSON, and XML.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and know how to write optimized, low-latency code.
- Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami), coding, modeling, research design and cutting-edges algorithms.
- You love solving problems, are willing to accept any challenge, are adaptable, always trying to make things better, and willing to take ownership over problems and opportunities alike.
- You are looking for a team that embraces unit testing, code reviews, CI and other effective Agile practices.
- You are not afraid to make mistakes.
- You're a great communicator, either written or spoken, and preferably both.
- Experience with React, HTTP/2, Serverless, Microservices, and cross-platform development.
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning techniques a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age