Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
How successful have we been doing this? Over the past 5 years, our compound annual growth rate is near 45%, and this year will achieve $100M in revenue. We serve some of the largest and best-known brands in the world, from telecommunications to technology and finance to retail.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions (https://www.interactions.com/about-us/careers/ ).
- Contribute to the creation of a massively scalable, highly available SaaS platform.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Effectively communicate within and outside the team.
- Bring new technical ideas, in keeping with latest industry trends, to fruition by prototyping and then incorporating it into the Platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Four to five years of relevant experience including hands-on coding in Java and other JVM based languages.
- Exposure to all phases of the software Development Lifecycle, with an initial focus on implementation and testing key feature.
- Exposure to SQL, databases and other persistence technologies using Java.
- Proven ability in writing design documentation and using TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Experience with coding in Java and/or other JVM based languages (Scala)
- Experience with Spring and/or Spring Boot framework.
- Prior experience with IVR, voice technologies and/or protocols.
- Experience with high concurrency, multi-threading environments..
- Enjoy coding and solving challenging technical problems using computer science.
Interactions is a leading provider of speech and natural language technology that enables businesses and consumers to engage in productive conversations. With flexible products and solutions designed to meet the growing demand for unified, multichannel customer care, Interactions is delivering significant cost savings and unprecedented customer experience for some of the largest brands in the world. Founded in 2004, Interactions is headquartered in Franklin, Massachusetts with additional offices in Indiana, Texas, New Jersey and New York. For more information, visit www.interactions.com.