Sr Software Engineer
At Rogue Wave Software, we're a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value.
The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. APIs are both mainstream today and the future of software development and API Management is at the heart of an API-based enterprise. You can help many of the biggest enterprises in the world ranging from banking, financial services, transportation, retail, manufacturing, government and many other industry sectors.
Are you interested in helping the world’s leading technology companies improve their software quality and security? We are looking for our next Software Engineer to work with team to help define and plan requirements, work through constraints, and work within scrum to help develop new features and maintain the Akana product.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop new versions of cloud based and on-premise software products.
- Design and implement software components from a statement of requirements.
- Identify and correct software and database performance inefficiencies.
- Research new technologies and products to incorporate in software products.
- Test implementation, troubleshoot, and correct problems.
- Provide task estimates and accurately report progress as part of an Agile process.
Business and Technical Competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge, skills and expertise in developing complex software.
- Proficiency in multithreaded query optimization.
- Agile/Scrum development.
- Full SDLC from development to production deployment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience and Education:
- Overall 10+ years of software development experience.
- Highly experienced in Java.
- Highly experienced in SQL / noSQL.
- Experienced in Data Structures (know what to use when, and time complexities involved).
- Experienced in Spring an designing Restful APIs.
- Experienced in developing Microservices.
- Experienced in HTTP cycle and middleware architecture.
- Preferred experience includes JSP/Servlet; JAXRS; JAXB; AMQP JMS; LDAP and SNMP.
- Knowledge and experience of Security policies, Authentication/Authorization such as OAuth, JWT.
- Knowledge and experience of distributed systems and product scaling.
- Ability to design and deliver a project/task/enhancement/epic, considering every use case.
We are an agile organization, living our values of Integrity, Customer-centric, Humanity, Communication, Teamwork, and Commitment. To be a successful contributor you need to be a team player and willing to handle a wide variety of tasks daily. Consideration given for working remotely.
To learn more about Rogue Wave Software visit us at www.roguewave.com.