Staff Software Engineer, Custody
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As a Staff Software Engineer on Circle's Custody team, based in either our Boston or New York City office, you will be a key member of a close-knit agile team that builds business-critical functions for Circle's operations. You will mentor new software engineers, work closely with the TechOps team and play an important role in ensuring code is well tested across all levels.
- Be a key member of a small, productive team that uses agile methodologies to build, deploy and operate secure, reliable business-critical services used by Circle’s operations
- Design, develop, peer review and test a wide range of full-stack features and systems composed of SQL data models, REST APIs, cryptographic methods, and presentation layers
- Integrate various internal systems and APIs
- Ensure code is well tested at all levels, contribute to creation and improvement of test frameworks
- Utilize AWS cloud platforms and patterns most appropriate for the job, including technologies like ECS and Docker
- Work closely with TechOps to optimize CI/CD pipelines and deploy features to production
- Contribute ideas to improve our product and processes, make decisions that have significant impact, and provide feedback so we can continue to get better
- Help mentor new software engineers in best-practices and strategies
What you'll bring to Circle
- 5+ years of professional Java experience
- Experience with SQL including schema design and query optimization
- Practical knowledge of core AWS services
- Hands-on experience with Systems design and development
- Proven track record of deploying production quality Software in a SaaS environment
- Clear communication skills
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.