Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We need an experienced Underwriter to help build out the growing Commercial Team.
As a pivotal member of the Commercial Insurance team, you will be responsible for underwriting and portfolio management of the MGA small commercial book of business. This position will have wide ranging responsibilities, including maintaining underwriting guidelines, line profitability results, referral management, and product development. This is a highly technical underwriting position, which requires experience with many of the core P&C lines of business (i.e. BOP, Package, GL, Auto, WC, PL).
The exact title of this role will be dictated by the Underwriter’s level of experience.
As an Underwriter you will:
- Manage the underwriting guidelines, appetite, and authority of the product line
- Serve as the MGA product SME for overall product related guidance and complete topical reviews as needed
- Actively monitor the flow, health, and profitability of the book of business, including from a new business, renewal, rate, geographic, and product lens
- Serve as the day-to-day Underwriter of the product, working closely with Insurance Product, the Customer Service team, and related Engineering teams
- Evaluate and communicate key underwriting/marketplace concepts to team and management staff
What we are looking for:
- An Underwriter who wants to experience what it's like to work for a technology focused organization
- Prior experience working for a national or regional P&C carrier
- Advanced knowledge of product offerings, insurance lifecycle processes, underwriting guidelines, and pricing systems
- Advanced understanding of insurance workflows and concepts, including limits, coverages, pricing models, ISO, and form/rate rules
- Excellent communication, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years or more relevant work experience
- Insurance designation(s) and/or insurance education are preferred
- The ability to challenge! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/