VP of Engineering
VP of Engineering
The Engineering team at edX is seeking an engineering leader to scale our platform and provide access to education for millions of learners worldwide. This role will lead engineering initiatives across our cloud infrastructure; data warehouse; open source, and product development teams.
The ideal candidate has built systems and solutions serving millions of customers, is skilled at leading and developing leaders and effectively collaborates with other Product Delivery leaders. A demonstrated bias to action and a strong sense of leadership development will set you apart. As a member of the senior management team, you will contribute to the strategic direction of edX.
- Lead a team of 100+ software engineers and technical professionals to reach quarterly and yearly engineering goals.
- Communicate and evangelize the engineering vision across all teams at edX.
- Build highly effective agile teams and leaders, identify areas for improvement and identify solutions and clearly define success.
- Effectively implement change, anticipate and quickly solve organizational issues to maximize team success.
- Act as point-of-contact to external vendors and offshore teams. Manage budget, forecasting and headcount for all of engineering.
- Ten years of professional experience, including managing a maturing engineering team in a high-growth, (ideally B2C) startup organization.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience collaborating and negotiating in a multi-disciplinary and quickly changing team.
- Important to this role is experience creating the framework for planning and managing top organizational performance in a dynamic, matrixed organization.
- Comfort dealing with complex organizational change management.
- Experience coaching leaders and managers, aligning teams to goals, setting a strategic vision and creating an engaging, positive work environment.
- Experience hiring top talent and designing diverse, inclusive, effective and results-driven organizations.
- Experience building large-scale systems with stringent data quality requirements
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, especially in the context of relational databases
- Managing international teams and remote offices.
- Knowledge or experience with humble or servant leadership practices.
- Experience with inclusive management practices
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.