WordStream is looking for an enthusiastic Web Developer to work on our award-winning marketing team. You’ll play a part in driving company growth at the intersection of marketing, engineering, and product development. You’ll report to the Website team lead.
Our website has traffic levels (1.5 million monthly unique visitors) and growth rates (35% YoY) rivaling major publications, and it will be your job to optimize it for technical performance, user personalization, and SEO. You’ll create experiments to improve website conversion rates, build landing pages, and work closely with our team to drive new leads.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB’s succeed and grow by helping SMB’s across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little bit about the job:
- Support ongoing website development with our team lead to provide each of our million-plus monthly site visitors with an engaging, educational experience
- Work alongside our Visual Designer to turn design mockups into a functional web pages
- Write quality code and be responsible for finding the best technical approaches possible, optimizing, and fixing bugs, etc. Uncover and fix bad or inefficient code.
- Find, diagnose, and fix website problems (broken links, embed codes, duplicate pages, device & browser testing)
- Implement A/B and multivariate tests across our site using a combination of third-party software and custom solutions
- Implement analytics tracking scripts to diagnose conversion and performance issues
A little bit about you:
- You have experience with Drupal or a similar CMS
- Excited to grow into a role leading complex projects and working on site redesigns
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, where projects frequently involve ambiguity and flexibility
- Willing to work on-site in our office in the Prudential Center
A little about our many benefits…
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the country’s fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And we’re just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.