Enterprise Product Manager
- PROBLEM SOLVER: You enjoy learning how to solve problems in the most efficient way possible. Complexity doesn’t scare you. The challenge of distilling something complex into something simple invigorates you.
- BIASED TOWARD ACTION: You are a self-motivated, action-oriented person. You don’t sit on your hands and wait for someone else to fix a problem. If there is something you can do to make a situation better, you do it.
- FOLLOWS THROUGH: From support staff, to product designers, to engineering – you speak the language of each of these archetypes. You are empathetic, concise, and consistent in your communication and follow-through. You ensure that the team own their commitments, collectively and personally.
- PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS: You recognize the strengths of your teammates and understand that we will only get where we want to go if we work together. You work with leadership to place team members on projects appropriate to their skill level and team needs.
- ADVOCATE: You are passionate about advocating for us both internally and externally. You actively recruit top-notch designers, engineers, and other product-minded people. You have made many excellent connections in the industry and you want to bring them with you wherever possible.
- STRONG INTEREST IN DESIGN: You understand that design makes everything possible. You see the difference design thinking can make in the lives of users. You know that design is about execution – from idea all the way to real-world implementation.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- Work closely with product marketing, customer success, and users to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Spend time with users to understand how people are using InVision to manage their design process, identify areas of improvement, build and measure the impact
- Develop deep understanding of organizational models, how teams work together and implement tools that improve these workflows for our users
- 3+ years or more experience as a Product Manager, or similar role
- Metrics driven approach to product development and growth
- A proven track record of working with designers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things
- Comfortable engaging with end-users, conducting user research, and intelligently integrating findings into your work
- The ability to dive right into a big project and manage it from start to finish
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- A passion for the design collaboration space and helping teams work better together
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.