A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
Our Staff Accountant will be responsible for the day to day tasks related to the compilation, organization, recording and payment of all payments to vendors and employees. This team member will have the chance to be assigned to new business needs as we continue to grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full accounts payable processing cycle including ensuring timely and accurate payments to vendors and employees
- Ensure accurate General Ledger coding of expenses
- Assist in monthly bank statement reconciliations
- Expense Reporting
- Processing and reconciliation of company credit cards
- Maintenance of W-9’s, banking details from vendors and consultants
- Develop and maintain an efficient process to collect invoices electronically Maintain an organized electronic filing system
- Record all invoices and payments accurately
- Setting up vendor payments for approval via a NACHA file
- Monitor prepaids, fixed assets and accruals based on vendor invoices
- Preparation of annual 1099’s
- Assist in developing policies and procedures
- Assist in month end closing process
- Assist with annual audits
Attributes to success:
- A demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex start-up environment
- Team player who is customer-service oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 5 years of accounts payable experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with healthcare and insurance industries preferred
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and general computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.