Description One of the Boston area's fastest growing technology companies, Jobcase is the only social media site dedicated to empowering the world’s workforce. Jobcase is a social media platform that connects our 100 million+ members to each other and potential employers.
We are looking for a Controller to join our Finance team.
What you’ll be doing here
- Oversee a timely and accurate monthly financial close process, including analyzing general ledger accounts and recording complex journal entries (stock based compensation, capitalization of web development, etc.).
- Prepare all monthly financial reporting for bankers and investors.
- Develop and manage accounting staff and accounting operations.
- Manage external financial statement audits and banking administration.
- Oversee the analysis and documentation of technical accounting positions.
- Support equity administration and investments.
- Evaluate, develop, and communicate policies and procedures consistent with the Company's financial objectives to support long-term growth strategies, cost effectiveness, and compliance enforcement.
- Take a leadership role in system implementations and process improvements.
About you and your skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- 10+ years of accounting experience in a technology/software business required
- Both private and public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge in Netsuite preferred
- Advanced quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability and a "get it done" attitude
- Affiliated partner of MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, CSAIL
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Gym membership
- Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work every year since our launch in 2015