ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.6M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and we’ll get there – even more surely if you come help us.
The role will work cross-functionally to drive business insight throughout the organization. You’ll rely on analytical and interpersonal skills to support a growing online two-sided marketplace. This is an ideal role for a bright and driven analyst who is looking to accelerate their career path.
What you’ll do:
- Develop financial models and work on special projects to assist with decision making, planning and reporting.
- Analyze current and historical cohort data to create forecasts for future periods. Drive visible analysis on LTV and unit economics by channel trends.
- Work across the Finance team to consolidate financial results and metrics in support of monthly close processes, including:
- Validating data integrity, accuracy, and consistency
- Analyzing and interpreting data to understand key drivers of financial results
- Preparing standardized reports and insightful analysis for Director of Finance and other key stakeholders
- Assisting with revenue and expense forecasting during annual budget processes
- Analyzing results to ensure proper presentation of variances
- Providing M&A analysis and insight
• 1-4 years of experience in a corporate finance role (Technology industry experience is preferred)
• A strong understanding of budgets, forecasts, and financial statements
• Proven ability to operate independently and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• The desire to work in a start-up environment
• Impressive attention to detail and accuracy
• An easy time communicating -- you’re comfortable interacting with a variety of audiences within the organization
• Advanced Excel skills with some exposure to SQL and/or VBA a plus
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.