Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
The Financial Planning & Analysis Team Lead is a trusted strategic advisor to the CFO and is responsible for managing the forecast process and providing insightful analysis on the financial performance of the business. Our Team Lead will work collaboratively with the senior management team to develop the company’s financial plan, assess the company’s financial performance, and support messaging of the plan to key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors and the investment community. In addition, the Team Lead will act as a strategic advisor to operational teams in driving down administrative expenses, helping identify cost drivers and setting out a path for Devoted to achieve industry-leading efficiency in operations. The ideal candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion to move the business forward though insightful analyses to assist senior management in driving decisions for optimal results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build an in-depth understanding of key business drivers and communicate how these drivers impact the strategic and financial future of the company
- Work closely with senior management and partner with the business to prepare annual Budget, quarterly forecasts, monthly statements, strategic analysis, valuation modeling and ad-hoc analysis
- Develop and maintain financial reports to optimize forecasting, tracking and analysis of key performance indicators
- Manage team of actuarial consultants to develop projections of medical expenses, analyze historical claims to understand cost drivers, and monitor appropriate reserves
- Prepare reporting packages, provide updates and respond to inquiries from senior management, Board of Directors and other stakeholders
- Drive for continuous improvement, analyze current processes, models and reports, making recommendations for improvement where possible
- Develop cash forecast, track results and suggest ways to improve cash management
- Working with the People team to develop the hiring plan for all functions and track progress of headcount changes
- Take ownership of the 5-year financial forecast model and update as needed. Present the methodology and results to various stakeholders of the company
- Assist in the administration, maintenance and development of budgeting software platform
Attributes to success:
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Strong accounting functional expertise with an understanding of the key financial drivers of health plan operations
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment where everyday we try to develop and optimize our operations
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results while establishing trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with healthcare and insurance industries
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with 7-10 years of financial management experience
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in accounting, finance or business
- Expert-level analytical, financial and valuation spreadsheet modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Read Full Job Description