Junior Staff Accountant
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in- one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Junior Accountant will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for the daily billing operations and monthly close activities. This is a challenging role that requires problem solving and the ability to record complex billing transactions. This role will involve interaction with customers as well as internal partners including: Sales, Sales Operations, Information Systems, etc.
- Accurately prepare, post, and deliver customer invoices
- Post customer payments, refunds, and deposits by recording ACH and credit card transactions into NetSuite
- Review and follow up on customer outstanding balances to assist in reserve process
- Provide weekly reporting related to past due accounts and give recommendations for resolution
- Respond to account inquiries and follow discrepancies through to resolution
- Ensure timely responses to all billing inquiries
- Collaborate with other teams to identify efficiencies in billing process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of billing and collections
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality