Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Under supervision of the accounting manager this exciting new role will support a wide range of accounting functions including the monthly close, SEC and financial reporting, SOX, the external audit, revenue recognition and process improvements. The individual must demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and apply accounting principles. Communication and cross-departmental cohesion are vital in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Support key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on general ledger and financial results
- Assist in the timely preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules and analysis, and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Assist with monitoring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Assist with the successful completion of the year-end audit and quarterly reviews
- Identify, recommending, and implementing improved accounting and reporting processes.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of ASC 606 on revenue recognition
- Capture best practices and lessons learned following each quarterly close cycle to feed continuous improvements in process, tools, communication and training
- Ad hoc projects to be determined as they arise
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 years accounting experience, CPA required
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite, Zuora, and/or SalesForce software experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.