Senior Corporate Development Analyst
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation based in Boston.
The Corporate Development team works closely with senior executives to define and drive the strategic agenda of the company, with a strong focus on the evaluation and execution of inorganic opportunities to bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into DraftKings. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Development & Strategy, the Senior Corporate Development Analyst will be directly involved in helping shape the strategy of a leader in the sports entertainment industry and defining its corporate development priorities.
The Senior Corporate Development Analyst will provide support in all facets of the M&A process, including: financial modeling, valuation analysis, transaction structuring and negotiation, internal approval processes, due diligence and closing.
- Identify, research and recommend companies and technology for DraftKings to evaluate from an M&A perspective.
- Support all aspects of the M&A process, including strategic/financial analysis, valuation, due diligence and post-merger integration.
- Develop and maintain presentations and financial models that track and analyze our industry, as well as prospective M&A opportunities.
- Gather and analyze market data from a variety of sources, producing insights and recommendations for DraftKings’ executive team.
- Hold meetings with cross-functional stakeholders, including business unit leaders and internal project teams to coordinate due diligence activities.
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth competitor, acquisition opportunity and industry research.
- Track prior and potential acquisitions and maintain internal databases, preparing monthly and quarterly M&A reporting.
- Support VP of Corporate Development & Strategy with ad-hoc requests and projects.
- 2-4 years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting, Venture Capital, Private Equity or Corporate Development/Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a similar area
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial analysis and modeling experience
- Familiarity with end-to-end M&A process
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, as well as deal with ambiguity
- Good communication skills and ability to interface with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior executives, business owners and other third parties
- Strong work ethic and ability to complete assignments with limited oversight