Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
EdX is growing and we are looking for a Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. A successful candidate will be a key partner to the organization to drive financial and operational analysis, models and metrics. This position will partner with edX’s VP of Finance to prepare key dashboards and financial reports for senior leadership and the Board. The ideal candidate has a well-rounded financial background, knowledge of strategy frameworks and processes and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Lead and manage the annual budget and quarterly forecast process. Perform monthly financial and operational variance analysis.
- Serve as a key partner to departmental executives to assist in the creation of budgets, and develop a shared understanding of departmental financial and operational performance, relative to company strategy & goals and departmental goals.
- Work with senior managers and business lines to develop metrics that drive their business success.
- Develop automated reporting package structures to facilitate real time actionable data packages for senior leadership.
- Work with our data science and business intelligence teams to own and understand our data and business processes, so as to be able to drive financial reporting and analysis.
- A close relationship with our accounting team in producing our numbers.
- Identify trends, gaps and opportunities for process improvement (more specific around the budget).
- Prepare presentations for senior management or the Board.
- Develop revenue share (royalty) reporting for edX Partners.
- Mentor a junior team member in the core responsibilities involving monthly close process and stakeholder reporting package creation.
- Plan, facilitate and implement ad hoc analysis or financial models to support decision making.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years FP&A experience supporting operating executives.
- A passion to get into the weeds of data - we are a platform company and data drives us.
- Roll up your sleeves builder of FP&A functions as you’ll be creating this function as we enter the next phase of edX’s growth.
- Experience with planning frameworks and processes.
- Experience with Netsuite, Adaptive Planning, and Google Suite business software tools. Salesforce and Trello experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Curiosity - we want someone who is always learning & developing. Displays a willingness to learn new analytical tools and skill sets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and provide meaningful value to all levels of management.
- Collaborative, organized, open and energetic work style.
- Strong bias to action, sense of accountability and willingness to do what it takes to get results.
Why you may love this job?
- You’ll partner closely with the VP of Finance who strongly values his finance partner and to work hand in hand with the leadership team.
- You’ll help our leaders make more informed business decisions and avoid surprises.
- You’ll learn about the financial and operational drivers of all different functions within edX.
- You’ll work on a diverse set of projects.
- You’ll have a hand in transforming education on a global scale!
EdX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office on a full time basis. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. We are not working with outside agencies to hire for this position.