Senior Revenue Accountant
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are actively seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Revenue Manager. This individual must have an understanding of the revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for reviewing contracts, working with sales and account managers related to contract structuring. This role will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting.
- Assist Director of Accounting with financial reporting, including the preparation of financial statements.
- Oversee the project accounting organization to ensure that all project accounting revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606
- Serve as a resource to billing specialists for understanding and booking complex revenue transactions
- Oversee the maintenance, monitoring, and reconciliation of the Company’s deferred revenue and unbilled receivables accounts
- Maintain the Company’s Fair Value analysis for all product lines
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Identify opportunities and assist Company in process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- SFDC or other CRM system experience.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct).
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries, and deliver results
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.