Senior Staff Accountant
Description Summary: Direct and lead workflow in the key areas of month end financial close and account reconciliation processes. Record general ledger activity, review, analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts, maintain and analyze all purchasing accruals. Assist in the design and/or enhancement of current accounting systems. Work closely with other departments to obtain information, effect change or explain variances in departmental statements. Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures, as well as the instructions for month-end closing entries. Prepare the work papers/schedules for monthly reconciliation and fiscal year-end for the Company's external auditors. Assist in the preparation and distribution of management reports and monthly financial statements.
- Assist in month end close to ensure financials are issued within company established deadlines.
- Reviews Accounts Payable and General Ledger activity for coding discrepancies and trended variances in departmental and client statements.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Perform account analyses by reconciling assigned monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Review current procedures and make potential change recommendations to senior departmental management.
- Records allocation, intercompany interest, and monthly tax provisions entries for month end.
- Prepares and distributes management reports and monthly financial statements.
- Provides back up support to Accounting Manager.
- Communicates with Managers from all departments to explain expense and variance trends.
- Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare the work papers/schedules for monthly reconciliation and fiscal year-end for the Company's external auditors.
- Assist in system upgrade and automation of processes.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience CPA or CPA candidate a plus
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years in general accounting experience. Strong working knowledge in Oracle, or other Tier 1 Accounting Software, Excel, Microsoft Word and Access.
SKILLS: Independent/decision making ability. Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, analytical and organization skills.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interface daily with associates at all levels of organization. Direct and lead workflow of two staff accountants.