Rapid7 is seeking a Staff Accountant to assist the team in the key operational needs of the business, support the month-end close process as well as drive process improvements.
Working closely with the entire accounting team, this role will have visibility to areas such as general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and public company financial reporting requirements. This position plays a pivotal role supporting the accounting team to scale and implement best-in-class procedures to meet the fast-paced growth of the organization. The role is based at Rapid7’s global HQ in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Key role in the monthly close process including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and related analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist with certain treasury matters such as:
- preparing high-level international payroll wires
- preparing subsidiary cash flow analysis and assist with quarterly funding of subsidiaries
- investment composition and return analysis
- foreign exchange analysis
- Support management efforts to establish appropriate internal controls and assist in implementation of new policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for business partners and senior management
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors
- Provide data to support SEC reporting requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- 0-2 years of Accounting, or related Finance experience
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) are a must
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel)
- High energy with a sense of urgency and ability to multitask with tight deadlines
- Proven adeptness at detail work.
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provide the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity.