ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Are you a fanatic for precision and detail? Have you set out to automate as many of life’s chores as possible? As a Staff Accountant you’ll keep the gears that drive our business running smoothly. You’ll help us collect from customers, close the books monthly, and ensure that we spend our money wisely.
You will/What you’ll do:
- Ensure our customers are billed (and pay) on time…we want happy customers!
- Assist with account inquiries and billing updates for our credit line customers.
- Complete different month-end tasks including bank reconciliations, prepaids, and fixed assets.
- Manage the recording and reconciliation of order bookings on a monthly basis.
- Learn our financial systems like the back of your hand.
- In general, helping us keep the ezCater machine moving as smoothly as possible!
- 2-4 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get:
Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.