We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Benefits Specialist will manage ongoing benefits enrollment and questions for employees throughout the US and in Dublin, maintain invoice process for benefit programs, assist with company-wide communications and implementation of various benefit perk and wellness programs, facilitate weekly new hire benefits onboarding sessions, LOA (leave of absence) administration, and play a key role in annual open enrollment.
What you will do:
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Conduct benefits onboarding for new hires and instruct on process to enroll.
- Manage benefits enrollments for new hires and qualifying life events, ensuring timely processing.
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit questions in person, by phone, email, video conference and Slack. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to employee enrollment, eligibility, and/or payroll related items as they arise.
- Manage and process leave of absences (FMLA, disability, parental, etc) working closely with payroll team to ensure correct processing of payments. Administration inclusive of federal, state, and company leave policies.
- Work closely with accounting team to process all monthly invoicing in a timely manner, inclusive of creation of monthly self-billing for various benefit vendors and ensuring accuracy by performing audits of monthly billing against enrollments while resolving administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Manage commuter program for Boston office as well as other locations within the US.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of various compliances notices to employees throughout the year, both by email and postal mail.
- Assist Benefit Analyst in completing annual open enrollment including drafting communications, HRIS system testing, and employee education sessions.
- Collaborate with other members of People and Culture team on various projects and initiatives.
- Perform other administrative duties and projects, as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2+ years experience working in HR with a focus on benefits administration
- Comfortable working with HRIS, payroll, and benefits administration systems
- Knowledge of US federal and state leave laws and administration practices
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred), Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- A positive attitude and can-do mindset
- Great customer service skills, strong attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment