Business Development Representative - Edtech
Our client is a Boston based company that leads the industry in quality customized on-demand executive coaching programs to develop better leaders. They are a Techstars ’19 company, with a strong management team from Harvard and MIT.
They are looking for several Sales Development Representatives to expand their growing team. This is an opportunity to grow with a professional coaching organization that is changing the way companies support their people. Their SDRs lead the way in researching prospective clients, optimizing outreach, and developing new opportunities.
Your role is to engage the key decision makers in a variety of organizations that are responsible for and passionate about the development of their team members. You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment, explaining value proposition over the phone, setting up sales appointments, and interacting with prospects at all levels within an organization.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join an elite team in a high-impact role with a clear promotion path, and deliver incredible value to partners and businesses, then this is the opportunity for you. This position has a base salary, incentive compensation, and stock options.
What You'll Do / Learn
- Create new opportunities for the sales team via outbound emails, phone calls, and other social touches
- Contact (call and/or email) a high volume of leads per day to ensure that they are fully aware of our clients capabilities and that they are qualified to move on to a demonstration of the platform
- Work closely with the sales team to schedule demonstrations of our client’s platform with qualified leads
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to align the quantity of leads with each month’s goal
- Become an authority at using lead generation tools to routinely extract contacts and build accurate and targeted lists of prospects
- Collaborate with sales and management team to build your process and pipeline – learn from regular training sessions but also bring your own creative ideas to help evolve the role of Sales Development at our client
- Rapidly test and iterate messaging to refine communication with prospects
- Make at least 50 calls a day, in addition to robust email campaigns and social outreach, that will result in at least 15 or more qualified leads on a monthly basis
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly and annual targets
You're key attributes
- Passion for business development, no experience necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Top 1% work ethic and perseverance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Driven by a desire for excellence in your craft and work hard to constantly improve
- A desire to work in sales, with past experience or ready to kickstart your sales career
Bonus Points For:
- 1-2 years BDR experience
- Entrepreneurial background
- Experience with HR, People Operations, Coaching, or Learning & Development
- Email marketing, and social media campaign experience
- Experience with Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and website communication tools such as Drift
- Previous experience working at a SaaS, tech startup, or similar company
You will receive all the usual benefits and perks you'd expect from a fast-growing company. In addition, you can expect a phenomenal work environment powered by a highly supportive team. Benefits include:
- Generous compensation for meetings set, and even more so for sales opportunities created
- Stock options package for eligible team members
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Access to your own coach!
- A motivated, fun culture of growth
- Beautiful downtown Boston office, with strong cold brew
- Flexible vacations
About our Client
For companies who want to do more for their people, our client delivers personalized coaching to connect employees with their full-potential through a technology that is both scalable and impactful. Our client successfully coached in companies such as GE, Rapid7, Lovepop, Sanofi, etc… and are looking for passionate people to pioneer their coaching into organizations nationwide.
Our client provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, and complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.