Director, Total Rewards & HRIS
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Director, Total Rewards & HRIS to join our People & Culture Team. This is a great opportunity to lead a team responsible for building out Total Rewards programs and processes that will have a global impact. Reporting to the Senior Director, People & Culture, this key position will be primarily responsible for the strategy and execution of all compensation and benefits at Toast and will also play a key role in aligning our HR technology to business needs.
The ideal person will be a team player with a strategic mindset, who also likes to roll up their sleeves as needed, bringing deep compensation and benefits expertise to our organization, as well as a confident awareness and understanding of HR technology from implementation to post-live support - specifically with Workday.
What you will do:
- Create, manage and administer innovative, compelling total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the company to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance, Payroll, Legal, Stock Administration, and Sales Compensation to develop and efficiently deliver comprehensive programs for all employees.
- Develop a global total rewards strategy that aligns to business strategy and objectives and integrate this strategy into all programs
- Work closely with Recruiting team and key business leaders on compensation for new hires, promotions, transfers, and on-going job leveling, allowing for dynamic changes as the market demands.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages.
- Own relationships with outside vendors and consultants to assist in benchmarking, analysis and plan design recommendations.
- Lead the charge on our global Workday deployment inclusive of understanding and developing how this system will integrate across the business and being responsible for the overall change management efforts
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 6-10 years of progressive total rewards and HRIS experience
- Proven experience creating and managing innovative and compelling total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations
- Ability to build and manage budgets, build predictive and projective models, full understanding of equity practices, accounting and taxation, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an executor, with strong operational background
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation and benefits topics; excels at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in total rewards philosophies and practices
- Proficient understanding of multiple HR technologies including complex integrations; prior experience with Workday a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as hands-on.