Director, Total Rewards
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Director, Total Rewards to join our People & Culture Team. This is a great opportunity to lead a team responsible for building out Total Rewards programs and processes that will have a global impact. Reporting to the Senior Director, People & Culture, this key position will be primarily responsible for the strategy and execution of all compensation and benefits programs at Toast.
The ideal person will be a team player with a strategic mindset, who also likes to roll up their sleeves as needed, bringing deep compensation and benefits expertise to our organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and administer the company’s compensation and benefit programs, partnering closely with the Leadership Team to ensure all programs promote the organization’s strategic objectives while remaining competitive.
What you will do:
- Create, manage and administer innovative, compelling total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the company to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance, Payroll, Legal, Stock Administration, and Sales Compensation to develop and efficiently deliver comprehensive programs for all employees.
- Develop a global total rewards strategy that aligns to business strategy and objectives and integrate this strategy into all programs.
- Work closely with Recruiting team and key business leaders on compensation for new hires, promotions, transfers, and on-going job leveling, allowing for dynamic changes as the market demands.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages.
- Own relationships with outside vendors and consultants to assist in benchmarking, analysis and plan design recommendations.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 6-10 years of progressive total rewards experience with a heavy focus on compensation
- Proven experience creating and managing innovative and compelling total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations
- Ability to build and manage budgets, build predictive and projective models, with an understanding of equity practices
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an executor, with strong operational background
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation and benefits topics; excels at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in total rewards philosophies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as hands-on.