Human Resources Manager
LaunchSquad creates and tells stories for companies we love. We are an award-winning, creative communications company, and we work with some of the most innovative start-up and mid-stage technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies around. We partner with clients to shape their stories and share them with the world through quality content, media and creative work. We're growing, and we’re looking for an HR Manager to join our Cambridge team!
The HR Manager will be responsible for leading people operations in our Cambridge office and ensuring that every employee has a great experience. The HR Manager will work closely with our Cambridge leadership and company-wide HR team on people strategy, talent acquisition, learning and development initiatives, account staffing, benefits coordination, general HR administration and office programs and events. The HR Manager will play a key role in growing our office by sourcing and selecting high-potential candidates who align with our core values and work ethic. S/he will also work closely with each employee to build proactive, forward-looking career paths, facilitate regular opportunities for growth and guide feedback and coaching. The HR Manager will also work with our company-wide HR team to maintain and promote our culture and values and support HR needs and initiatives across the agency.
LaunchSquad is a positive, collaborative and collegial workplace. We pride ourselves on doing amazing work and we’re committed to growing a great team of people who love what they do. We’re looking for an experienced HR professional who has a strategic outlook on talent, a deep understanding of what it takes to succeed in a fast-paced, client services environment and a personal track record of taking initiative, working independently and producing reliable results. If you care about your work and want to contribute to our mission and team, we’d like to hear from you.
- People Strategy: Identify long-term needs and opportunities, with regard to people in the Cambridge office, and map hiring, staffing and people development plans to meet business goals. Drive execution to help our people and business succeed.
- Recruiting: Build a pipeline of active and passive candidates for multiple requisitions and manage candidates through all stages of the hiring process. Represent all that is great about LaunchSquad to candidates, in correspondence and at recruiting events. Coordinate and customize new hire on-boarding and help new employees integrate successfully into office, teams and the greater LaunchSquad community.
- Learning and Development: Help senior leaders assess talent and facilitate feedback and coaching to help teams and individuals grow. Proactively engage in ongoing dialogue with employees regarding professional development goals. Lead Employee Engagement Program administration and recordkeeping.
- Staffing: Build teams that meet business, client and account needs and proactively provide team members with new challenges and growth opportunities.
- HR General Administration: Serve as point person for all Talent/People Operations questions. Administer benefits and coordinate open enrollment in conjunction with company-wide HR team. Maintain physical and digital personnel files & systems. Maintain HR compliance with federal and state employment and safety laws.
- Office Programs & Events: Work with senior team to continue to grow and strengthen our positive, team-oriented culture. Plan reoccurring and new company events, offsite(s) and office meetings.
- 6+ years of human resources experience including 4+ years of recruiting and candidate assessment & selection experience; experience hiring communications and/or creative talent a plus
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Proven ability to think ahead, prioritize, solve problems, make decisions and meet goals on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to collaborate with a team or work independently and deliver consistent, reliable results
- Experience working with company leaders and building strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- A positive, can-do attitude
LaunchSquad is a growing communications firm known for change-the-world storytelling with our award-winning public relations, online video + design, and original content programs. LaunchSquad has five offices located in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Chicago and offers a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding work environment. Our client base includes consumer and enterprise technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies. LaunchSquad was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in downtown San Francisco.