Greater Boston Area
The payroll specialist will play an integral role on the Finance team at Klaviyo. This employee will process and analyze multi-state U.S. payroll for 200+ exempt and non-exempt employees on a semi-monthly basis. This individual will report to the Manager of Accounting, and will also support the People Operations team on a regular basis.
This person must have in depth knowledge of payroll wage and hour laws, federal, state, and local tax laws, pre and post-tax benefits, and 401K plans. This position requires attention to detail, organization, and effective collaboration through all levels of the organization.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payrolls in the U.S. in multi-state environment
- Maintain payroll records by managing systems and collection, calculation, and entering of payroll information into payroll systems
- Respond to and engage with employees regarding payroll, taxes, and benefits questions and requests in a friendly and efficient manner
- Comply with federal, state, and local taxation and regulatory requirements, research existing and new legislation, and advise management on any necessary compliance actions
- Research, implement, and update payroll in partnership with ADP in new countries in conjunction with international expansion efforts
- Support finance/accounting needs, including preparation of payroll journal entries and performing quarterly reconciliations between general ledger and payroll system on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Act as a liaison with other business functions including People Operations team, including ensuring timely processing of new hires and terminations
- Assist with payroll analyses and ad hoc reporting as needed
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3+ years of payroll experience. Experience in a multi-state environment required. International payroll experience is a plus.
- Detail oriented and organized; strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with members of other teams at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with payroll systems required; experience with ADP WorkforceNow preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills required
Read Full Job Description