People Operations Specialist
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented person to join our People and Culture Team. Reporting to the Director, People and Culture, the People Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations, tasks and projects supporting the People and Culture Team.
We offer a great opportunity to learn the full-cycle employee experience including onboarding, benefits administration, employee record management, process improvement, system implementation, and off-boarding. The People Operations Specialist will be friendly and helpful, comfortable with handling highly confidential information and will know how to prioritize work and understand the balancing act of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
What you will do:
- Onboarding: Lead the charge on all new hire onboarding activities including I-9 and immigration compliance.
- HRIS Management: Enter and maintain employee information into our HRIS on a timely basis, accountable for administration and data integrity. Manage the relationship with the vendor and keep the strictest of confidentiality with sensitive employee information.
- Communication: Manage the People & Culture internal communication page. Act as the first point of contact for employee requests, respond to employee needs swiftly and accurately; responsible for delegating inquiries to other team members as necessary.
- Off-boarding: Coordinate the termination of departing employees by ensuring all paperwork and records are accurately processed.
- Process: Help to create and improve upon current process and workflows for efficiency and improved communication both in the People and Culture team and cross-departmental.
- Recognition: Work with the team on building upon current recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as necessary.
Do you have the right ingredients?
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented with strong organization skills, the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks with tight deadlines, while maintaining an impeccable attention to detail and accuracy. Additional qualifications are:
- Experience working in a HR department strongly preferred with 1-2 years of experience, Co-op and internship experience will be considered
- A desire to advance in a career in HR
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other HRIS systems a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain discretion
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources related field preferred