Chewy is looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to join our Talent Acquisition Team based in Boston, MA. The selected candidate will help with back-office responsibilities to include greeting candidates, scheduling interviews, working on background checks, and creating offers of employment. The ideal candidate must have a strong customer service orientation, be detail oriented and understand the importance of recruiting, employee benefits programs and compliance programs. We are passionate and results driven but down-to-earth. We believe in excellence in all we do and accept nothing less. You'll be successful in this role because you are passionate about ensuring team members have the support and benefits they need and the company is protected through your efforts complying with state and federal labor policies.
What you'll do:
- Schedule and track candidates throughout hiring process in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse)
- Work closely with recruiting team to share new applicants and ensure follow-up with candidates
- Greet candidates and provide company tours
- Participate in recruiting events representing Chewy.com
- Assist with scheduling phone and onsite interviews
- File applications and perform background checks on candidates
- Answer phones and greet employees/candidates
- Operate independently with minimal day-to-day guidance from management
- Multitask effectively- working quickly and accurately in a fast-paced work environment
- Responds to benefit inquiries regarding coverage, vendors, and the best way to contact claims.
- Identify recruiting sources, assess new talent and develop leading-edge methods to attract diverse talent.
- Conduct independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking, job postings, cold calls, etc.
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to understand their needs in order to identify the right talent; ensure goals are met.
- Juggle multiple priorities with finesse.
- Manage a consistent, high volume flow of qualified candidates through active and passive sourcing methods.
- Conduct candidate reference checks striving to raise our hiring bar with each new recruit.
- Track goals, metrics, and performance of the hiring cycle; regularly communicate status and results.
- Propose and implement ongoing innovations and improvements to recruitment process
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
What you'll need:
- 1-2 years in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for outstanding customer service
- Position may require travel