Sr Human Resources Business Partner
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Senior Human Resources Business Partner. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will serve as a consultant to our Sales & CSO Management team on human resource related issues and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicates needs proactively with CPO and business management and seeks to develop integrated solutions. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Builds and maintains influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an employee advocate. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit for all HR related matters.
- Provides HR policy and employment law guidance and interpretation. Investigates internal and external employee complaints. Documents and communicates findings as appropriate.
- Acts as the performance improvement advocate and drives positive changes in the people management. Works closely with CPO and department management to ensure annual performance management, merit review and quarterly goals process is completed in a timely and effective manner. Takes an active role with management to set and review quarterly goals. Ensures all documentation is properly completed and communications with employees is effective.
- Challenges the organizational structure and proposes changes. Works with department managers on headcount planning. Takes lead role to create and update all department job descriptions. Works closely with Compensation Analyst and CPO to benchmark positions for compensation. Makes recommendations for compensation for new hires, internal equity adjustments and overall market adjustments.
- Works closely with Manager Recruiting to initiate recruiting process for new and replacement headcount. Actively participates in the interview process to ensure candidates meet job requirements and are a cultural fit for the organization. Develops “offer” terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions. Identifies and prepares development plans for the key employees and high potential employees. Identifies employees ready for promotion and recommends rotations of top talent across different functions in the organization.
- Participates in the development, evaluation, and monitoring of Onboarding and Training programs to ensure employee and manager success.
- Serves as Interactions AA officer. Works closely with HRIS team to produce annual EEO and AA reports. In collaboration with HR Works, prepares Interactions annual AA plan and is responsible for the effective implementation of all aspects of the plan.
- In collaboration with the Manager Recruiting and Director HRIS and Operations establishes appropriate tracking and reporting tools to meet our AA requirements.
- Serves as a member of the Interactions Compliance Committee. In collaboration with Director, HRIS and Operations establishes processes and programs to ensure Interactions employees are meeting all compliance requirements.
- Takes lead role to review and update Employee Handbook each quarter.
- Serve as a mentor and proactively participate in the career development of more junior HR team members.
- Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally.
- Works with Euro Dev on all aspects of European “employee” contract requirements and ensures successful implementation. May assist employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Attends Recruiting events with members of Recruiting team on an as needed basis.
- Provides Visa support for candidates and new hires as needed.
- Travel – may require up to 20% travel time to support business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Ten to fourteen years of direct HR Business Partner experience in a high growth company including experience developing and delivering Onboarding, Training and Talent Management programs. A minimum of (3) three years of experience supporting an enterprise-wide Sales & CSO team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Must be fact based in approach to decision making.
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of employment laws.
- Working knowledge of sales and other comp plans.
- Team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, lead change management initiatives, and successfully navigate through difficult employee and manager conflict.
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Hands on experience building, implementing and monitoring AA programs.
- Prior experience in other HR disciplines such as Training and Development, Employee Relations and/or Recruiting highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Workday, highly desirable.