Workplace Experience Manager
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
Toast is in search of an enthusiastic, driven, and proven hospitality expert to lead our Workplace Experience Team in Boston. The Workplace Experience Team serves as the heart of the Boston offices, interfacing across the organization and integrating with all other Workplace Experience teams to ensure timely and seamless delivery of amazing outcomes. Not your average front of house, the Workplace Experience Team is all about curating an engaged workplace, responding to a wide variety of on-site requests, and creatively exceeding expectations. The key to this dynamic environment, the Workplace Experience Manager will oversee a team that anticipates and tackles challenges before they arise to make it easier for individuals to do the work they were hired to do while bringing delight to the workplace so that it is the desired destination to innovate.
What will you do:
- Active engagement with all who enter and depart the workplace with a special emphasis on visitor care
- Implementing and monitoring standards of service to meet and exceed expectations and tirelessly seeking opportunities to improve efficiencies and outcomes
- Having a passion for crafting the future of work and creating workplace conditions that enable employees to adopt new and evolving ways of working
- Consistently collecting data, maintaining effective systems through which to assess and refine service delivery, reporting on outcomes, and delivering on improvements
- Building communities from the inside out and proactively engaging with the broader organization to make the workplace THE place for employees to connect and grow
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the local culture and establishing relationships with local hot-spots and vendors to provide information, ticketing, and reservations for office visitors and employees
- Lead a team of Workplace Experience champions and provide guidance on their professional development and training goals.
- Manage all service requests made through our internal ticketing system, via email or walk-ups, and ensure requests are responded to at the highest customer service levels
- Manage the office budget and oversees purchase requests and expense management
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3 or more years of relevant experience, preferably working in a tech company environment
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- Customer service orientation with strong listening and follow through skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of Partners and employees across multiple departments
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently and assess priorities
- Strive for excellence; attention to detail in times of change and deliver goals even under uncertainties and difficulties