Ad Operations Internship - Summer 2019
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Our Ad Ops teams focuses on two pillars of the CarGurus business – Dealer and Brand Display ads. We are consistently looking for ways to develop our strategy at both the micro and macro level. Fresh minds as well as new ideas and approaches are always welcome and truly appreciated. You will gain a well-rounded opportunity to learn the ins and outs of our business and industry. On top of day-to-day deliverables, we will build a broader, long-term custom project together to focus on what most inspires and motivates you while also making an impact on the business.
This position is for the Summer 2019 semester.
What You’ll Do:
- Build campaigns for Dealer and Brand business
- Build ads for Dealer, Brand and Co-op campaigns
- Assist with custom reporting to track performance for Brand and Dealer both onsite and offsite
- Identify unsold buckets of inventory as well as opportunities to re-package and re-purpose
- Identify new partner opportunities, who would most benefit from our site and audience
- Provide industry updates covering both internet marketing trends as well as competitive autos insights
- Pull and track performance benchmarks across categories to ensure continued improvements in KPIs (key performance indicators)
Who You Are:
- Rising senior from an accredited college, with excellent academic resume
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to deliver high-quality work on-time
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in Excel
- Positive attitude with a good sense of humor
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.