CloudHealth Software Engineering Co-Op
CloudHealth by VMware is the recognized worldwide leader in the growing Cloud Service Management industry. We partner with many of the largest enterprise cloud consumers in the world, serving more than 4,000 customers, 55,000+ users, and managing over $5B in public cloud spend.
Our comprehensive Cloud Management Platform helps companies and partners of all sizes transform the way they do business by analyzing, visualizing, and optimizing their cloud and hybrid environments for cost, security, automated operations, and broad governance. By focusing on innovative technology, a deep understanding of our customer’s pain, and a fundamental desire to continuously improve, we have driven a highly successful SaaS business. And we see massive growth ahead!
We are searching for smart, driven, passionate, and intellectually curious software engineering interns who want to work in a collaborative, hardworking, and fun culture. Our Engineering teams are solving our customers’ most challenging business needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and create real solutions that will go into our production pipeline. Not to mention tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD environment
- Contribute to relevant open source projects
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
- Work in multi-functional Agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives
- Obsess over quality in the product you create, and the code you write
- A sense of humor (non-negotiable) and a strong motivation to advance your technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong conceptual knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Have an interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Distributed and parallel systems
- Information retrieval
- Large software systems
- Web application development
- Database management
- Cloud computing
- Cloud security
Here are just some of the technologies/frameworks we work with:
- Amazon Web Services
- MS Azure
- Google Cloud Platform