...are a team of bold copywriters, designers, strategists, engineers, UX researchers, data junkies and product visionaries based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We’ve taken on the industry behemoths, we’re winning, and we want you to join us on our march to victory.
(Oh, and other folks seem to like us a whole lot. CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security. Not bad for a day’s work).
...write. You write often. Deliriously. You obsess over nuances of word choice (even when your art director thinks it doesn’t matter). You turn phrases over, around, upon themselves, until they sing. You look for and see stories where no one else would. Because you know that narrative is the most powerful force on earth. And you know how to use it.
What will you do?
Every day here is a little different—we’re fast-paced and fast-moving—but your main responsibilities include:
- Write and edit copy for TV spots, web pages, product descriptions and names, direct mail pieces, outdoor, print, retail packaging, apps, emails
- Collaborate with graphic designers
- Be a fount of ideas and zero-ego collaborator
- Make an impact. Copy touches every aspect of our business and is at the heart of our success.
What skills do you have?
- You’re a great writer. Maybe you’ve got a great blog. Maybe you write stories or plays, or perform in sketches. Whatever you do, you’re obsessed with doing it right.
- Strong copy-editing abilities; excellent written communication skills
- You’re zero-ego, collaborative, kind, hard-working.
- You’re able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
Do the thing you’re best at: get our attention and persuade us.