Dealer Relations Internship - Summer 2019
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This role will focus on working with existing CarGurus dealer clients. The primary challenge of the Dealer Relations Intern will be to increase customer retention and boost customer performance. Additionally, a Dealer Relations Intern will be charged with consulting with our dealer clients on all facets of the car industry to help grow their businesses.
CarGurus’ Dealership customer base has various feedback and questions about CarGurus platform, so candidates will need to wear a customer service hat and be able to listen and respond to dealers and solve their issues in a timely manner. In this role, candidates must also be comfortable conveying issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization.
Candidates must bring strong analytic, presentation, and problem solving skills. A Dealer Relations Intern will have short-term up-sell opportunities and longer-terms renewal and sales-based business objectives, so candidates should demonstrate an appetite for selling and continuous on-the-job development.
This position is for the Summer 2019 semester.
What You'll Do:
- Using Salesforce to analyze customers and trends to optimize business processes
- Work with the Dealer Relations management team to document processes, optimize our Wiki page, and create structure to deliver information in a standardized way.
- Conduct customer research to help inform business strategy and decisions
- Engage directly with CarGurus paying dealers on revenue projects – collecting past due balances, gathering information from cancelling accounts, etc
- Coordinating training schedules for new hires
- Various ad hoc projects as they come up
Who You Are:
- Strong customer service sense
- Experience with churn reduction
- Sales training experience a plus
- Industry knowledge a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.